The Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis is awarded every other year by Janssen Research & Development LLC in conjunction with the Belgian Organic Synthesis Symposium to an organic chemist who has made a significant contribution to the field of organic synthesis. The prize consists of a medal, a citation as well as 20.000 Euros.
Nomination of scientists of public or private universities, government institutions or industry / pharmaceutical companies will be taken into consideration based on the following criteria:
- Candidates should be under the age of 50 years old when the jury makes its decision.
- Members of the Prize Jury cannot be candidates, nor can they propose candidates.
- Candidates cannot be suggested by Janssen employees.
- The prize cannot be given twice to the same person.
- Nominations must be submitted using the attached form and sent via e-mail to the secretary of the jury, Dr. Lieven Meerpoel at firstname.lastname@example.org together with the Curriculum vitae, the published papers and two supporting letters.
- Nomination deadline: 31 December 2019.
- Nominations are confidential.
- The Janssen Prize will be announced at the 2020 BOSS XVII Symposium (July 5 – 10, 2020) and in the scientific press.
- The Janssen Prize Jury is comprised of the President and seven members who are experts in the field of organic chemistry.
- The President is appointed for six years and cannot be re-elected.
- Two members of the jury are replaced every other year by two new members, taking into account seniority, diversity and geographical distribution.
- At least one member of the jury is of Belgian nationality or is employed full time in Belgium.
- The jury votes by mail. The jury’s award decision will be submitted to the Janssen R&D Discovery Chemistry leadership team, which will approve and formally announce the name of the award winner.
More info on: http://www.janssenprizeorganicsynthesis.com